Good for Your Health
- Organic cotton is grown from organic seeds.
- It is cultivated without the use of harmful toxins or synthetic fertilizers.
All our products are made from 100% organic cotton, and produced without using chemicals, pesticides, or dyes with heavy metals.
Conventional cotton is called the world's "dirtiest" crop because it uses more insecticides than any other crop.
- The World Health Organization has determined that three of the most hazardous insecticides to human health rank in the top ten most commonly used in cotton production.
- One pound of raw cotton (about the amount in a t-shirt) takes almost one-third of a pound of pesticides and synthetic fertilizers to grow.
When you use organic cotton products, you help protect your baby — and yourself — from exposure to toxic chemicals.
Good for the Environment
- Organic cotton is grown using biodynamic farming and natural methods such as composting.
- Organic agriculture uses less water, does not rely on expensive fertilizers and pesticides, and helps sequester carbon in the soil.
- Organic farming prevents soil erosion, protects air and water quality for plants and animals, and preserves biodiversity through crop rotation.
Good for Our Global Community
- Strict certification guidelines ensure that organic cotton provides a fair livelihood for people in disadvantaged communities.
- Organic cotton doesn't use chemicals that often seep into ground water, making it toxic for humans and animals.
- Organic farming protects farmers and their surrounding communities from being exposed to the carcinogenic chemicals used in conventional crop production methods.